Saturday, June 30, 2007

Teen Movie Disturbia Not Half Bad

My wife and I went to see a movie today called, "Disturbia". In a world of scary movies that cause more laughter than fear, "Disturbia" was a breath of fresh air and it was well worth the money for people of all ages. This movie is fast paced and is based on some real life events that take place in a high school teenagers life. I have often wondered what would be going through my mind if I lived next door to a serial killer and this movie did a good job of explaining what might happen to a teenager that accidentally sees something a serial killer does not want him to witness.

Some parts of "Disturbia" are silly teenage age stuff that will only appeal to people under the age of 20, but the writing of this movie is fantastic and it is well worth the price of admission. Of course when teenagers are involved there will be a bunch of sexual tension involved in a movie and that is also the case in "Distrubia". However, rather than having a meaningless and endless parade of one night stand romances, this movie actually portrays the teenagers as more grown up than any movie I have seen in a long time.

I do not want to give away too much about this movie, "Disturbia" because I want you to see it at your local theater or when it is released on DVD later this month. When I pay good money to see a scary movie, I want to see a really scary movie and that is what I got today when I went to see "Disturbia". To me, it is a breath of fresh air when a movie director chooses to put teenagers in challenging roles instead of the constant peddling of flesh in shows like "Girls Gone Wild". The writing, acting and directing of "Disturbia" are great and you should consider seeing this movie if you love a good old fashion nail biter right till the end kind of the flick.


Read more about Movie Reviews:

Live Free Die Hard Movie Review
Shrek 3 Myers Murphy Fantastic Review
Rocky Opens Well
Trade Center Movie
Packed Movie House

No comments: