Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Richard Nixon's 100th Birthday

If he was still alive, President Richard Nixon would have been one hundred years old today. In 1972, President Nixon was impeached by the US House of Representatives and his removal from office was pretty much assured by the Senate - if he had not resigned.

I was a young boy when Richard Nixon served as President, but I still remember how concerned my parents were as he tried to hold onto power even when most of the voters had turned against him. Americans should always remember Richard Nixon if not for any other reason but what absolute power can do to a person.



Follow This Blog On Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the 'Hutch Report.' If you have enjoyed reading my posts here - I hope you will consider visiting my new site: 'Texas News Blog | Facebook'. It is updated daily with brand new content.

Privacy Policy (Mobile) - Home (Mobile) - Archives (Mobile) - Twitter