Sunday, May 18, 2014

Barney's Friend Miss Beazley Dies At 9



I must admit that I'm a big dog lover and when I heard the news recently that Miss Beazley, President and Laura Bush's dog had died, I was sad. There is so much mistrust of politicians in the world today and it gets so bad sometimes that the only good we can see in some of them is their love of a pet. Barney died a little over a year ago and while there is no proof that dogs understand the concept of death, I believe they do feel pain when a constant companion either human or canine passes away. As an early supporter of President Bush, I found myself trusting him less and less as his administration seemed to lose focus on everything but the war in Iraq. During those end days of the Bush administration, the only thing that made me happy coming out of the White House were the pictures and videos that were released around Christmas time featuring Barney and Miss Beazley.

No comments: