Saturday, May 17, 2014

Valerian Root & Lemon Balm Helps Me Sleep



Like millions of other people, I often have trouble falling asleep at night and I almost never get a full 8-hours of rest on a daily basis. My problem started when I was young and as the years went by it did not improve that much. My sleep problems usually revolve around an overactive mind that seems to fight sleep at every turn. Over the years I have tried many different techniques and medicines to help me sleep and while some worked for awhile, none of them kept working over the long haul. Then about two months ago, after spending another couple of weeks pretty much sleep deprived, I tried something new that is working very well for me. It's a combination of two herbs that work together to help me fall asleep fast and stay asleep longer. Those two herbs are called Valerian Root and Lemon Balm. The first time I tried this combination, it worked the very first night – but the terrible smell of the pills kept waking me up as I smelled the pills in my breath. I quickly threw away that bottle and order some odor free Valerian Root with Lemon Balm and that horrible smell issue went away. Put frankly, Valerian Root in it's non odor free form smells exactly like the air around a sewer plant or a septic tank. It's dreadful. Now I use a product made by Nature's Way that uses a coating similar to the way aspirin are made to prevent stomach upset. If you decide to try Valerian Root, please get the kind that is odor free. Trust me, the smell of the other kind will make you sick. That said, no sleep aid either prescription or over-the-counter has worked better for me than Valerian Root with Lemon Balm added. You might want to give it a try sometime yourself.

No comments: