Sunday, June 08, 2014

105,000 People Say Farewell To George Strait Concert Tour



When I think about George Strait, the first thing that comes to my mind is longevity. Back when I was in my 20's, decades ago, Strait began his country music career by making millions of young women scream with excitement with his song, 'You Look So Good in Love'. From that point forward, he never looked back and his legions of fans did not have any reason to leave his side as he kept putting out the hits. I still remember great songs like 'The Chair' and his movie called 'Pure Country' which was one of my all time favorite motion pictures. Saturday night, June 7th 2014, George Strait said goodbye to concert touring with a huge show at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Almost 105,000 people paid between $500 to well over $1000 per ticket to watch George Strait's final concert. Talk about going out on top, wow. I was not in attendance at his last show, but I'm sure there will be a television special or movie made – because there were cameras everywhere documenting this history making event. Wow, George – you really know how to make and keep country music fans happy.

No comments: