Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Wish List Includes Peace In Iraq

With just a few days left before Christmas, I decided to write down a few things that I wish for this Christmas and for the year to come. Anyone that reads this blog on a daily basis knows that I'm pretty much a realist when it comes to politics and world events. When I was young I was a visionary, but now my eyes are too old and bad to be that way anymore!

I hope this new year will bring peace in a far away land called Iraq. Thousands of our nations sons and daughters have lost their lives in this country fighting to bring democracy and a better way of life to the Iraqi people. No matter how we may feel personally about this war or how the administration has fought it, we must hope and pray for success so these brave folks did not die in vain and the Iraqi people have a chance for a better life.

I wish for a better year for the people that live in the southern United States, especially in the states of Louisiana and Mississippi. Hundreds of thousands of our follow Americans are still without a home or employment, months after Hurricane Katrina destroyed many neighborhoods and cities all around this area. Please pray also that FMEA and the rest of the U.S. government don't forget these folks, that lost everything in this terrible storm, in the months ahead.

I also hope for a more compassionate government in Washington D.C. that is more interested in working together to solve problems, rather than the current "my way or the highway" type of thinking that has taken control of our nations capital over the past decade or so. The United States is in a transition period right now where the country is pretty much divided down party and ideological lines and there are not many people left in the government that believe compromise is the way to go when they are elected to public office.

I also hope that I will be a better man not only during the holiday season, but all the time in the future. I have a tendency to get jaded because of problems in the world and the ongoing corruption I see in public officials from both political parties. I may not write like it all the time here, but I'm very thankful for the blessing of being able to live freely in the United States of American and the main reason I write and fight so hard for issues of freedom in this country and around the world is because I know that just because we have freedom today, doesn't mean that we have any kind of guarantee for tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to everyone and best wishes for 2006. I hope this new year starts to bring hope back to those without it and I hope that all of us that have been richly bless to live in the great land called "The United States of America", give thanks for that privilege in the years to come!

Hutch Report Archive