Sunday, January 01, 2006

'Dreamer' With Dakota Fanning - Feel Good Movie

My wife and I decided to go see a movie today and she picked one called "Dreamer" starting Kurt Russell, Elizabeth Shue, Kris Kristofferson and of course the real star of the movie Dakota Fanning. Ms. Fanning is one of the best young actresses I've seen in my lifetime and the part she played in this movie was perfect for her.

I'm not sure why my wife and I like movies so much with horses in them, but we both do. The only horse movie I've ever scene that I didn't like was "Horse Whisperer" with Robert Redford and I think I didn't like that one because it was too long and it was more of a "chick flit", than a real horse movie. The movie we saw today called "Dreamer" was a wonderful "feel good" movie with a great cast. I just love the countryside of Kentucky and this movie profiled that area very well.

It was also good to see Kris Kristofferson again on the big screen. He's been such a big force in movies for a long time and he has aged well and played the part of an older man like a true professional. My favorite Kris Kristofferson movie has to be "A Star Is Born" where he co stared with Barbara Streisand. That remake of this classic movie was fantastic. He did an equally good job in the "Dreamer" movie we saw today.

I can't say enough good stuff about Kurt Russell. He's a great actor and I've liked all movies that he has starred in. Kurt's wife and daughter are also big stars and I would love to eat a holiday meal at their house and listen to them talk about all the movie projects they have been involved with through the years. Kurt was cast well in this movie.

Now back to the real star of the show, Dakota Fanning. This young actress is so beautiful and so talented for such an early age it's almost eerie how real she plays her parts. It was just a few months ago when we watched her in the latest remake of "War of the Worlds" with Tom Cruise. While that movie was very disappointing to both of us, her performance was the only high point of that movie and I predict a bright future for Dakota Fanning.

In so many ways, Dakota reminds me of another young actress, many of us grew up with named Shirley Temple. Both Dakota Fanning and Shirley Temple light up the movie screen like very few young actress can do. She has what I call "star quality" and I would imagine directors are lining up to get her in their next movie where a smart young girl is in the script.

If you're feeling a little down or you just want to see a movie that will make you laugh, cry and leave the theater feeling better than when you arrived, go check out this movie "Dreamer". It's already at the dollar show where I live, so it won't cost very much to brighten your day, just a little bit.

Hutch Report Archive