Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Exclusionary Rule Could Be The Reason Orange County DA Continues To Search For Evidence

In my previous post, I wrote about my concern that the DA in the Casey Anthony murder trial continues to look for additional evidence even when it seem to most outsiders, like myself, that his case against Casey Anthony is 'open and shut'. Not long after I wrote that post, someone emailed me with a reason why the Orange County DA might be continuing to look for evidence against Casey and that reason is something called the Exclusionary Rule.

Like millions of other people around the world, I watch TV shows like 'Law & Order' which give non lawyer types like me a glimpse into what it is really like to practice law in the United States. On many occasions in pre-trial hearings on Law & Order, important evidence is not allowed to be presented to a jury and any other evidence that was obtained from that tainted evidence is also not allowed (fruit of the poisonous tree).

This email responder said that the exclusionary rule is the main reason why most DA's continue to build evidence, even when it seem like their case is rock solid with hard evidence. I really appreciate getting that feedback and it gave me at least one insight as to why the Orange County DA is still searching everywhere for additional evidence against Casey Anthony.

* Casey Anthony News Updates

Title: Exclusionary Rule Could Be The Reason Orange County DA Continues To Search For Evidence
Written: December 30, 2008
Site Feeds: RSS | Atom
2005-2008 © Hutch Report

Hutch Report Archive