Saturday, May 17, 2014

Alzheimer's Disease Slowly Taking Glen Campbell's Life



In an interview recently, Glen Campbell's wife Kim Woolen, told a reporter that Campbell is in the final stages of Alzheimer's disease. Sadly, what that means is he can't play the guitar like he use to. In fact, Woolen said Campbell cannot even tune his own guitar anymore. Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease that has affected millions of people and their families around the world. I personally think most of the pain from Alzheimer's is experienced by family members who are forced to watch the slow decline of a person they love. When I was a young man, Glen Campbell was my favorite singers and I even remember watching his TV show – which was a big hit back in the 1970's. I hope someday a cure for Alzheimer's will be found.