Thursday, May 22, 2014

NFL Players Are Modern Day Gladiators



Stories are starting to leak out about more NFL players who were drugged with painkillers before games and who now are paying a huge price with health problems later in life. Not long ago, I watched the movie Gladiator again on NetFlix and thought to myself that even though the NFL is more civilized than ancient Rome, it's still a human thirst for violence that has made the National Football League the most popular sport in the United States. Don't get me wrong, I love the NFL and my favorite team the Dallas Cowboys. However, there is something dead wrong about NFL teams, coaches and trainers pushing players to pop all types of pain pills just so they can walk out on the field and suffer even more injuries. Are NFL players the modern day equivalent of Roman Gladiators? They might just be.

Hutch Report Archive