Sunday, May 21, 2017

10 Sick After Botulism Found In Nacho Cheese Sauce


An outbreak of botulism from nacho cheese sauce at a northern California gas station sickened 10 people and possibly killed a man.

The state Department of Health on Friday confirmed the hospitalizations are linked to a gas station in Walnut Grove.

A 37-year-old man from Antioch, Martin Galindo, died in a hospital in San Francisco Thursday night after contracting what his family said is a rare case of botulism. KGO-TV reported he contracted botulism from nacho cheese bought at the station. The Health Department has not yet confirmed botulism caused Galindo's death.

According to a GoFundMe page, Galindo fell into a coma.

The affected products were purchased between April 22 and May 5 at Valley Oaks Food and Fuel.

READ MORE AT UPI

Hutch Report Archive